Acne scars and acne pores are the marks of acne even after the acne is cured. These scars are often prominently visible on
Skin that is badly scarred can be planed down by the use of a rapidly revolving instrument to which a stiff wire brush
is attached. This is known as dermabrasion.
Burns can also lead to scars of the skin. These scars are difficult to remove. They are very ugly looking. Even a small
burn may produce a serious deformity of it occurs over a large joint, such as the knee. Deep burns often result in the formation
of considerable scar tissue. Severe burns involve the deeper layers of the skin.
Badly scarred areas may need a graft of fresh skin over the area before they will heal completely.
Chicken pox can also sometimes leave scars on the face or other parts of the body.
Exposure to sun could lead to different skin reactions. Some people get scars and blemishes while others suffer from sunburn
Sometimes due to hormonal changes, or lack of nutrition or even due to stress, facial skin becomes patchy—light
in certain areas and dark in others.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SCARS
· Prepare a paste of sandalwood (chandan) powder with black gram (masoor) dal. Keep it overnight and wash it with cold
water the next day.
· Prepare a sandalwood paste with rose water and apply on the scars. Keep it overnight and wash it with cold water the
· Rub ice cubes on the face for 10-15 minutes. It will tighten the pores.
· Apply cucumber juice on the face. Wash it off after 15 minutes. It will tighten the pores.
· Cut the tomato in half and rub on the skin. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. This will reduce open
pores and blackheads. This treatment is good particularly for oily skin.
· Vitamin K can be used topically to help the skin heal from wounds, including surgical incisions, burns, bruises, scars,
and stretch marks. Good food sources for Vitamin K include green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, green cabbage, kale, Swiss
chard, turnip greens, broccoli, tomatoes, liver and lean meats and dairy products.
· Collect ripe black seeds of Gulbaaz plant. Cut the seeds and remove the white portion from inside. Make a thick paste
of this white potion in water. Apply this paste over fresh scars, pimple marks etc and it will slowly fade away. Apply this
paste everyday and leave it on the skin till it dries off.
· Rub a fresh cut lemon on your skin to make it healthy and clear.
· Apply almond and grape seed oil on the dry skin.
· Prepare a smooth paste by mixing one-tablespoon fuller’s earth, one-teaspoon limejuice and sufficient rosewater.
Apply it all over your face, rubbing it gently. Leave it to dry and then apply again on the dark patches or spots. Leave it
on for another 5-7 minutes, then wash and wash with cold water. Use this treatment everyday to get rid of patches.
· Take a few mint leaves and crush them. Tie in a piece of muslin cloth and extract its juice. Use it all over your face.
It’s a very good remedy for spots and blemishes.
· Take a ripe banana, peel and mash it. Apply the pulp all over the face and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it off.
· Put egg whites all over your face (like a mask). Egg whites are driers and will remove all the scars from your face.
· Prepare a decoction by adding1 tsp. Methi seeds boiled in 1 ltr. of water for a couple of minutes and applied on the
face is an ideal prevention for formation of blackheads, whiteheads, pimples etc. It also helps in dryness, acne; acne scars,
wrinkles & is an excellent face wash & cleanser.
· Aloe Vera juice applied twice a day can greatly help in healing of the scars of the acne.
· Rub raw garlic on the affected skin several times a day, it will help to remove the scars.
· Neem is used for the treatment of all sorts of skin problems. It contains Nimbidol and Gedunin, which have very good
· Drink water and fruit juices, but avoids highly sweetened drinks. Extra vitamin A tablets should be added to the diet.
· Try to sleep at least eight hours every night. Avoid all strains, and follow the principles of good health, as these
are essential for health.
· Avoid all rich foods, excessive amounts of sugar, and particularly chocolate and nuts. Choose a plain, well balanced
diet containing plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
· Before going to bed apply ice on the face. This will reduce the inflammation and burning sensation on the skin and also
lighten the scars of the acne.
· Hot fomentation can be applied locally to open up the pores and to bring out the waste matter. The affected parts should
then be washed with cold water. The patient should take sun and air baths by exposing the whole body to the sun and air.
· Do not wash face with soap and water, wash it in the morning and night with lukewarm salty water. Soap is a drying agent
and may worsen the acne, whereas lukewarm salty water may help remove oils without drying the skin.
· Tomato can also be used for the treatment of blackheads and to open the pores of the skin. Cut the tomato and rub it
on the skin. Leave on for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. This will reduce open pores and blackheads. This treatment
is good particularly for oily skin.