These are slightly depressed linear marks with varying length and breadth found in pregnancy. They are predominantly found
in the abdominal wall below the umbilicus, sometimes over the thighs and the breasts.
Initially these are pinkish but after the delivery, the scar tissue contract and obliterates the capillaries and they become
glistening white in appearance.
Apart from the mechanical stretching of the skin, increase in aldosterone production during pregnancy is the responsible factors.
Besides pregnancy some other causes of stretch marks are: Rapidly gaining weight (Bulking cycle), Puberty, Obesity, Heredity,
Skin Type, Stress, Poor Diet and Sudden Environmental Change
Every woman in her life develops stretch marks. Some women have a family disposition to develop stretch marks whereas others
do not develop them at all. Once the stretch marks develop they will stay with you forever; but with time they will be less
Stretch marks are often think to be scars but they are different from scars. They are not scars because they are not comprised
of fibrotic tissue. Instead, stretch marks represent a flattened, thin epidermis overlying gaps in the dermis left by stretched
or torn elastin fibers.
HOME REMEDIES FOR STRETCH MARKS
· Lie down on the floor. Bend that knee and place your foot in front of your bottom leg, then try to raise the bottom leg
up about six inches. Then lower the leg to the floor. Begin with 8 to 10 bottom-leg raises on each side at least three times
a week. Slowly increase the workout.
· Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the floor;
hands either by your sides or in your lap, then swing both legs up so that they're extended straight out in front of you at
· Put your hands down at your sides to hold on to your chair and swing your legs up until they're fully extended. Then lift
each leg, from foot to hip, about three
to six inches.
· To firm your bottom, lie facedown on the floor, arms out at your shoulders, elbows bent and palms flat on the floor. Now
lift one leg, heel first, off the floor about three to six inches, then lower it back to the floor and repeat the lift with
your other leg.
· Diet should be rich in protein and foods rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E, they promote good tissue growth.
· Massaging your body with olive oil or Vitamin E may help.
· Prepare a mixture by adding one ounce of carrier oil ( try avocado, sweet almond, jojoba, they are the best ) with seven
drops of lavender and five drops of chamomile. Apply on the affected areas.
· Apply cocoa butter and/ or elastin cream through out the body. These are very good for stretch marks.
· Take 1/2-cup virgin olive oil, 1/4-cup aloe Vera gel, liquid from 6 capsules of Vitamin E, liquid from 4 capsules of Vitamin
A. Mix all the ingredients together in a blender. After that store the mixture in the fridge. Apply the oil externally all
over the places where the stretch marks commonly appear (abdomen, hips, thighs and breasts). By using this continuously stretch
marks can be prevented.
· Mix in a blender 1/2-cup virgin olive oil, 1/2-cup aloe Vera gel and six capsules vitamin E oil (opened). Keep this oil
refrigerated and massage into areas with stretch marks at least once a day.
· You can cure or remove recent stretch marks with high doses of tretinoin applied to the mark. Tretinoin in the form of Retisol-A,
Retin-A, Stieva-A or Rejuva-A can be used that cause a realignment of the collagen in the skin.
· Lift weights to tighten the surrounding skin. The stretch marks will appear smoother.
· Apply cocoa butter stretch creams in the morning and at night to get rid of stretch marks. It works in some cases and not