Boils are painful red-colored, round-shaped swellings which are full of puss. Boils can attack in any parts of the body, mostly
neck, waist, thighs, face, etc. These boils are quite painful and irritating. This article will explain in detail about the
various effective ayurvedic, home remedies for the treatment of boils. They are infections of the hair follicles of the skin.
They are quite painful, particularly in areas where the skin is closely attached to the underlying tissues, such as the nose,
ears, or fingers. They usually occur in teenagers and young adults. The common sites for boils are the face, neck, buttocks,
Boils are caused mainly by staphylococcus germs which enter the sweat glands or hair follicles. The essential cause of
this disorder is thus bacterial. However, several factors predispose the growth of bacteria in hair follicles.
One of the most effective home remedy for the treatment of boils is garlic extract. Garlic, in fact, is the best ayurvedic
medicine for the treatment of many severe diseases. Gently apply garlic extract over the boils. This extract will help in
killing germs, and will help in releasing out the puss. It is also said that taking 2-3 garlic seeds in diet is also an effective
Onion is another effective medicine. Apply onion extract over the boils. This plays the same role as garlic. Patient also
should take raw onion in their diet. It is also said that both garlic and onion extract together can also be applied over
Milk and milk cream:
Other home remedies for the treatment of boils include milk. It may sound strange, however, milk cream applied over the
boils helps in softening of the boils, which opens their mouth so that puss could easily release out. Similarly, take bread
slice and soak it in milk. Cover boils with it, after some time the boils will soften and puss will release out.
Parsley (ajmood ) leaves:
Parsley leaves or ajmood also plays vital role in treating boils. Boil parsley leaves, till it becomes soft. Wrap the
boiled leaves in clean perforated cloth and put is over boils. This will help in release of puss by opening boil’s
Betel (paan) and Margosa (neem) Leaves
Betel and margosa leaves are some of the most effective remedies for the treatment of boils. Take 3-4 betel leaves and
boil in water till it becomes soft .Gently put 2-3 drops of caster oil over it. Cover boils with these leaves. Similarly,
boil 15-20 neem leaves in ½ liter of water. Allow it to boil until the mixture reduces to 1/3 of its constituent. Allow the
mixture to cool and gently apply it to the boils. This will open up the mouth and help in fast release of puss. Repeat this
for a week.
Bitter gourd extract also has effective role in the treatment of boils. Apply bitter gourd extract over the boils. This
extract will kill the germs, soothes the infected skin, and gradually helps in the releasing puss and blood. Sometimes patient
may find difficulty in applying it over the boils, they can take this extract with lemon juice in the empty stomach, early
in the morning. This should be taken till the boils are not treated. However, it is recommended to take this juice at least
a week after the treatment so that all the germs should be killed completely.
Turmeric and cumin seed:
Turmeric is considered as the oldest home remedy for the treatment various severe diseases. Roast turmeric powder in low
flame. Take 4-5 tablespoon of roasted turmeric powder and make a paste using water. Apply it gently over the boils. Turmeric
helps in maturing the boils and hence fast release of germs and puss.
Similarly, mix powdered cumin seed in water and make a paste, gently apply it over the boils. This too helps in fast release
of puss by killing germs and weakening the boils.
Boils treatment using Parsley
To treat boils, this vegetable should be steeped in boiled water till it is soft and juicy. When comfortably hot, it should
be wrapped with clean muslin or linen cloth and applied to the boils as a poultice.
· Apply warm moist compress three or four times a day over the tender area. This will help to bring the boil to a head
and helps in easy drainage.
· Always keep some type of ointment on the boil site to prevent the skin from drying and causing a scaring. Keep the area
clean and covered.
· Take an onion, cut it in half and place a half on a dry frying pan the cut side down. Warm it on a low heat till the
"top" of it feels warm to the touch. Then dig out a piece of the core big enough to accommodate your boil. Place
on the boil and try to stay still till the onion cools (15-20 min.)
· Take 1/2 teaspoon Colloidal Silver everyday and you will not have any new boils.
· Place 1/2 cup of chlorine bleach in a tub of warm to hot bath water. Stay in tub (with infected area under water) for
at least 20 minutes. Do this twice a week for one month. Boils come to a head, drain and dry up faster.
· Prepare a mixture by adding a little of baking soda and water together. Put it all over your boil for about 30 minutes
and it should be gone or it should be down.
· Prepare a thick paste by adding a small amount of flour and vinegar. Place the paste on the boil over night and wrap
it with gauze. Over night the paste will harden like a cast. Upon removing the bandage in the morning, the head of the boil
should come out.
· Peel a banana (a ripe banana works best). Place banana peel on boil and leave it there for as long as you can.
· Cut bacon fat from bacon and place over boil. Place bandage and leave on overnight. Boil should come to a head and rupture
upon removing bandage
· Eat raisins as much as you can to prevent boils.
· Crack open and discard contents of egg, then take thin white layer of inside shell and place over boil opening (head)
then put on bandage overnight. When you wake up take off bandage and the core of the boil come out then will ooze all contents.
· Cut a thick slice of a juicy tomato and place it on the area where the boil is and use a tape of some sort to hold the
tomato in place and leave it on for about a day. The boil will come to a head and bursts.
· Soak a tea bag in very hot water. When it's cool enough to tolerate, place the tea bag on the boil and leave it there
until it cools. Repeat this a few times a day until the boil comes to a head and then wash the boil very well with antibacterial
soap, open the boil with a sterile needle and drain it.
· Open the Vitamin E capsule and put the liquid on the boil. Leave it on. Repeat as needed also take at least 1000mg of
Vitamin C, it helps fight infection internally and helps the skin
· Take a piece of bread, white or wheat. Dip the piece of bread into a bowl of milk. So the bread is a little soaked with
the milk. Take the bread with milk on it and place it over the boil for about 15-20 min. The yeast in the bread will draw
out the stuff inside the boil. And the boil will not return again.
· Sprinkle nutmeg on your food and this will dry up boils within a couple of days.
· Take internally, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm water a day. Continue for several days.
· Prepare a mixture by adding one tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar, one-tablespoon honey in a cup of hot water and drink
at least twice a day.
· Mix a paste of oatmeal, add salt and apply directly onto the boilwrap it to keep the poultice in place.
· Prepare a combination by adding garlic clove, fenugreek, and red clay. It is very effective.
A thorough cleansing of the system is essential for the treatment of boils. To begin with, the patient may fast on orange
juice diluted with water on a 50:50 basis for three to four days, or adopt an exclusive diet of fresh juicy fruits from five
to seven days.
After the short juice fast or the all-fruit diet, as the case may be, the patient should adopt a well-balanced diet, with
emphasis on wholegrain cereals, raw vegetables, and fresh fruits. Further periods of a juice fast or an all-fruit diet may
be necessary, depending on the general health level and bodily condition of the patient.
The patient should avoid tea and coffee, starchy and sugary foods, especially cakes, pastries, sweets, chocolates, white
sugar, and white bread. He should also avoid all condiments, pickles, and sauces.