Weakness is a general rundown condition felt by the body. There may be a variety of reasons causing this. A very hot and
humid day causes weakness due to loss of electrolytes from our body by way of sweating. Many types of fevers cause weakness.
Many medications too cause weakness. Anemia, pains, myalgia, fevers, too much work and stress, all are contributing factors
for weakness in our body.
Weakness is a lack of physical or muscle strength and the feeling that extra effort is needed to perform daily activities
that require you to move your arms, legs, or other muscles. Fatigue is a feeling of tiredness, exhaustion, or lack of energy.
Both weakness and fatigue are symptoms - not diseases. Because these symptoms can be caused by many other health problems,
the importance of weakness and fatigue can only be determined when other symptoms are evaluated.
HOME REMEDIES: GENERAL WEAKNESS
· Take 1 Cup beetroot juice, 1 cup of apple juice, mixed with either sugar or honey once a day to prevent anemia.
· Take a ripe banana with 1 tbsp of honey 2 times a day to treat weakness.
· A mixture of apple and tomato juice also helps to fight against the weakness.
· Eating a lot of salad also helps to prevent anemia.
· Honey is very good for an anemic person because it helps increase the hemoglobin in the blood. It is rich in iron, copper
and manganese. rtant for the absorption of iron. It is recommended to take two any citrus fruits daily.
· Beets are very important in the cure of anemia. Its juice contains potassium, phosphorus, calcium, sulphur, iodine,
iron, copper, carbohydrates, protein, fat, and vitamins B1, B2, B6, C and P.
· Drink peppermint tea to increase appetite.
· Oranges stimulate the flow of digestive juices, thereby improving digestion and increasing appetite.
· The juice of sour grapes is another effective remedy for anorexia. The juice of these grapes should be used in kneading
the flour before preparing chapattis. Chapattis made in this manner should be eaten continuously for two to three weeks.
· About one teaspoon of the juice of lime should be mixed with an equal quantity of the juice of ginger. One gram of rock
salt should be added to this mixture. It should then be placed in sunlight for three days. A teaspoon taken after each meal
will tone up the digestive system and improve the appetite.
· Apples help in digestion by stimulating the flow of pepsin, a protein-digesting enzyme, in the stomach.
· Three or four cloves of raw garlic should be boiled in a cup of water. This soup can be reinforced with the juice of
half a lemon and taken twice daily.
· About five grams of ginger should be ground and licked with a little salt once a day for the treatment of this condition.
· The application of an ice bag over the stomach for half an hour before meals, and a cool hipbath once or twice daily,
will help in curing anorexia.
· An early morning sunbath, taken one day, should be alternated with an early morning cool air bath the next day.
· Supplements of vitamins and minerals should be taken to increase the appetite.
· Drink lots of water by adding some water or salt to it.
· Prepare a mixture by ading 1 Tbsp poppy seeds, 1 tsp edible gum, 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1/2 tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) powder,
and2 tbs sugar, and grind to a powder. Take this powder every 2 hours.
· Prepare a mixture by adding 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp ginger juice, and 1/4 tsp pepper powder and drink it.
· Small, frequent feeds of energy-rich local foods familiar to the child should be given. A little vegetable oil can be
added to foods such as millet or rice to increase the energy content.
· Take yogurt, buttermilk, mint, apple, pomegranate, papaya, banana, carrot, potato, etc.
. The best way to combat weakness and fatigue is to eat a small piece of jaggery and drink about a glass of water.
In northern India, jaggery and grams are eaten along with a glass of water to ease travel fatigue.
. Eat 4-5 dates daily to replenish the lost energy.
. Soak one dried fig, 2 almonds and a few dried raisins in water. Keep this overnight and in the morning, first
thing, drink the water, eat the figs and raisins, peel the almonds and eat it. Do not eat the skin of the almonds.
. Eat a ripe banana for instant energy.
. Make a drink of glucose powder and a pinch of salt in water. Lime or lemon juice can be added for taste. Drink
this as often as necessary.
. Avoid cold drinks and colas/sodas. The coolness of the drink may be refreshing at the time but it heats up the
body from inside. The body tries to balance the cold temperature of the drink with the temperature of the body itself. Thus
raises the body temperature after some time.
. Avoid heat or hot surroundings.
. Bed rest is advisable for people feeling weak.
. If weakness prolongs without any cause, it is advisable to see your doctor immediately as it may be a symptom
of some ailment/disease.