Our hormones help in the development of hair that appears after puberty. The male hormone, testosterone, governs beard, body
hair and hair in the armpits. The female hormone, estrogen, generally prevents hair growth on the chin and encourages it to
grow on the head. Occasionally women develop signs of hair loss or baldness when estrogen levels drop. When the amount of
hair lost grows higher than the normal hair fall that takes place due to the change in environment, increasing age or growth
of new hairs, it is referred to as hair loss problem that needs special care. Improper or poor diet, exposure to a lot of
chemicals or cosmetics, hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety and mental tension are some causes of hair loss.
Partial or complete loss of the hair on the scalp is common among men. Premature baldness is found in certain families. Thinning
of the hair is often seen in older women, but complete baldness in the female is fortunately rare. Temporary baldness may
occur following a fever or some prolonged illness. The hair usually returns after the patient has recovered from the illness.
In children falling of hair occurs due to many reasons such as severe headache, dim eyesight, after a prolonged illness, use
of different shampoos and soaps, after a severe head injury and a familial tendency. Generally it is seen that if the parents
have thin hair and early loss of hair in their life so is their children.
The healthy condition of the hair depends, on the intake of sufficient amounts of essential nutrients in the daily diet. Persons
with a tendency to lose hair should take a well-balanced and correct diet, made up of foods, which, in combination, should
supply all the essential nutrients. It has been found that a diet, which contains large quantities of seeds, nuts, grains,
vegetables and fruits, would provide adequate amounts of all the essential nutrients.
HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR CARE
· Massage your hair with warm Almond Oil.
Apply 5 tablespoons of honey on the scalp and hair. Prepare a solution by adding a quarter cup of full cream milk with 2-teaspoon
Massage the hair with this solution and leave on for 20-25 minutes and wash off. Regularly wash hair with Fuller's earth (Multani
Mitti). This will not only reduce the oil, but the hair will feel much cleaner.
· Add a tablespoon of Honey to a litre of Water and, use it as an after-shampoo rinse.
· Blend together, preferably in an electric blender: 250 ml (1 cup) fresh skimmed milk, 1 egg yolk (separated from the egg
white), 2 capsules of wheat germ oil contents, 1 tablespoon of fresh wheat germ, the contents of 1 tablespoon of lecithin
granules, 1 tablespoon natural wheat brain. Slowly and firmly massage the mixture into your scalp. Leave the mixture on for
about 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, thoroughly rinse the conditioner from your hair with warm (not hot) water.
· Mix two tablespoons of cosmetic vinegar and six tablespoons of hot water. Apply it all over the scalp at bedtime Tie a scarf
over the hair to avoid staining the pillow. Next morning wash the hair with shampoo. After the hair is thoroughly cleansed
pour over as a last rinse a mixture of three tablespoons of cosmetic vinegar and one cup of hot water. Then dry the hair thoroughly.
This should be done twice a week for three months.
· Boil five teaspoons of dried used tealeaves in limewater and use it after shampoo. This gives the hair a lustrous shine
and provides nourishment too.
· Boil 5 Tbsp dried thyme in 2 cups water for 10 minutes. Strain and cool. Pour 1/2 mixture over clean, damp hair. Massage
into scalp, do not wash. Use second half of solution another day.
· Massage into the scalp and hair coconut milk or Aloe Vera gel. Leave it for ½ hour, and then wash with warm water. Repeat
3 times a week.
· Massage into the scalp and hair honey with egg yolk. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then wash.
· Boil 1-cup mustard oil with 4 tablespoon henna leaves. Filter the mixture and put it in a bottle. Massage on the bald patches
· Massage the scalp for 10 to 15 minutes after bathing it with water. This increases the blood circulation and strengthens
the hair follicles in the scalp. A vigorous rubbing of the scalp with fingers after washing the hair with cold water is one
of the most effective home remedies for the prevention and treatment of hair loss.
· Another remedy for baldness that helps is Grind 1/2-lime seeds, and 1/2 black pepper, apply to bald patches regularly.
· Rub the bald area with onions till it becomes red. Then apply honey on the bald area. It is very effective.
· Mix 4 tbsp of yoghurt and 4 tbsp of camphor lotion. Apply it on the head; leave it to soak for 2-3 hours then wash off with
· Juice of coriander leaves is also very good for hair.
· Massage the scalp with 1-teaspoon oil in which raw mangoes has been preserved for over one year. Repeat this frequently.
· A shampoo can be prepared by mixing 100 g each of amla (Indian goose berry), reetha, and shikakai and boil in two liters
of water till the liquid reduces to half. Use this shampoo for at least one month. Hair will become thick.
· A mixture of lettuce and spinach juice help the growth of hair if taken to the extent to half a litre a day
· Make a paste by mixing two eggs, two tablespoons each of amla, reetha and shikakai powder. Massage on the scalp and leave
it for 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat it for 3-4 times a week
· Mix honey with egg yolk and massage on the scalp and hair. Leave for a 1/2 hour, then wash.
· Take soaked fenugreek seeds (Dana methi), shikakai powder, reetha powder, amla powder, dried lemon or lime peels, and two
eggs, and grind to make a paste. Massage this paste onto hair and scalp and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Wash with a
mild shampoo. This makes hair thick.
· Grind fenugreek seeds with water and prepare a paste. Massage on the scalp after oiling the hair and leave it for one hour
before washing. Repeat it every morning for a month.
· A juice of alfalfa + fresh spinach or fresh coriander daily helps hair to grow fast.
· Juice of carrot, lettuce, capsicum and fresh alfalfa remove copper deficiency, this is good remedy for gray hair and hair
· Prepare a paste by mixing 5 tbsp of curd, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and 2 tbsp of gram raw (chholia) powder. Apply it on the
head. After an hour wash it off with shampoo.
· Prepare a mixture of the powder of black pepper, onion and salt and apply it on the bald patches to prevent the infection