Diabetes is a condition where the body stops production of insulin. Insulin is a hormone, produced in the islets of Langerhans
situated in the Pancreas. In a diabetic patient, the sugar levels in the blood are elevated.Most of the food we eat is turned
into glucose, or sugar, for our bodies to use for energy. The pancreas, an organ that lies near the stomach, makes a hormone
called insulin to help glucose get into the cells of our bodies. When you have diabetes, your body either doesn't make enough
insulin or can't use its own insulin as well as it should. This causes sugar to build up in your blood.
* Frequent urination
* Excessive thirst
* Unexplained weight loss
* Extreme hunger
* Sudden vision changes
* Tingling or numbness in hands or feet
* Feeling very tired much of the time
* Very dry skin
* Sores that are slow to heal
* More infections than usual.
Nausea, vomiting, or stomach pains may accompany some of these symptoms in the abrupt onset of insulin-dependent diabetes,
now called type 1 diabetes.
HOME REMEDIES FOR CONTROLLING DIABETES:
· Chromium maintains stable blood sugar levels through proper insulin utilization and can be helpful for people with diabetes
· Garlic helps circulation and regulates sugar level.
· Take 500 mg of L-glutamine and taurine a day to reduce sugar and to help release insulin.
· Make a watery juice of a small Bitter Gourd (remove seeds) and drink every morning, it will control the sugar in a few
· Take about one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and soak them in water at night, drink that water in the morning and chew
and eat soaked seeds. This will reduce the blood sugar.
· Wash the plantain and peel it, put the peel in a jar cover with water and drink this water three times a day. This water
will lower your sugar level.
· Take 15 fresh Mango leaves boil in 1 glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink first thing in the
· Drink 1 litre of cinnamon water daily. Cinnamon contains a chemical that helps to use blood sugar naturally in body.
Add 3-table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame, and then strain the mixture.
· Wild (Black) cumin boiled in water if taken regularly helps to control the blood sugar.
· Prepare a mixture by adding equal quantities of turmeric powder and dried gooseberry powder with honey or drink equal
quantities of gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice in an empty stomach regularly.
· Take the juice of, the juice of crushed 'touch me not' with its roots regularly to cut down the sugar.
· Take the juice of crushed fish-berry (amruth) soaked in water for a day first thing in the morning.
· Make coffee with powdered fried fenugreek and wheat, taken in equal quantities.
· Garlic taken every day early in the morning in an empty stomach also helps to reduce the blood sugar.
· Eat tender curry leaves (fresh) twice a day to reduce sugar.
· Take some guava leaves, and 3 grams of cumin, crush them together. Boil with one glass of water and make it half. Drink
this water twice a day.
· Drink 8 glass of water in the morning and walk for one hour.
· The leaves of gymnema sylvestre (Gurmur- a climbing vine), a traditional Ayurvedic medicine for diabetics, significantly
reduce the metabolic effects of sugar by preventing the intestines from absorbing the sugar molecules during the process of
digestion. Prepare a mixture by adding 3 quarters of gymnema powder to one glass of boiling water, strain and drink it warm
twice a day, 1 hour before breakfast and 1 hour before dinner for best results.
· Take 1 teaspoon of jambhul seed powder daily.
· Patient with diabetes should avoid food containing high amount of sugar content.
· For some people with diabetes losing weight is often the only thing they have to do to get their diabetes under control.
· Reducing carbohydrates and adding protein might be your best for some diabetic patients.
. Drink a few tablespoons of bitter gourd (karela) juice.
. A spoon of neem juice or two leaves of neem to be chewed daily. Remember continuous eating of neem leaves has
an adverse effect on the sperm count. Women should use neem with care as it may cause miscarriage if pregnant.