Dry skin dry skin appears due to low level of sebum. Dry skin is very sensitive. Dry skin cannot retain the moisture therefore
it appears parched It usually feels "tight" and uncomfortable after washing unless some type of moisturizer or skin
cream is applied. Chapping and cracking are signs of extremely dry, dehydrated skin.
Dryness is increased by wind, extremes of temperature and air-conditioning, dry skin is tightly drawn over the bones.
It looks dull, especially on the cheeks and around the eyes. Dry skin can be a sign of hypothyroidism. Serious skin complications
can arise for people with diabetes. Certain drugs, including diuretics, antispasmodics, and antihistamines, can also lead
to dry skin.
The oil glands do not supply enough oil the skin. As a result, the skin becomes dehydrated. Skin gets exposed to the elements
especially in winter. Dry skin could be due to a genetic condition, Poor diet, Nutritional deficiencies, especially deficiencies
of vitamin A and B vitamins, can also contribute to dry skin.
Environmental factors such as exposure to sun, wind, cold, chemicals, or cosmetics, or excessive bathing with harsh soaps
can also cause dry skin. Conditions such as dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis, or seborrhea also are the cause of the dry skin.
HOME REMEDIES FOR DRY SKIN
· To wash the dry skin never use the tap water, but mineral water should be used. Dry skin needs extra care. It should
not be cleansed with a cloth of rough texture but it needs smooth care.
· Do not use highly alkaline soaps and detergents like washing sodas and powders which contain highly alkaline and drying
· Prepare a mixture by adding 1 egg yolk, 1 teaspoon orange juice,1 teaspoon olive oil and ,few drops of rose water, few
drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture on the face every morning 15 minutes before taking your bath
· Prepare a mixture by adding 1 egg ,1 teaspoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil and few drops of rose water and use
this as a mask.
· Once a week take a milk bath. It will nourish and smoothen your skin.
· For dry and chapped lips the best remedy is to massage them with a little cream of milk to which a few drops each of
rose water and lime juice has been added every night before going to bed.
· Eat a balanced diet that includes vegetables, fruits, grains, seeds, and nuts. Eat quality protein from vegetable sources.
Increase your intake of raw foods.
· Eat foods such as garlic, onions, eggs, and asparagus that are high in sulfur, which helps to keep the skin smooth and
· Sufficient sleep is also an effective means to get rid of dry skin as the skin's cellular repair activity is at its
highest during the resting phase.
· Exercise is also important to maintain healthy skin as it boosts circulation and encourages blood flow. Regular exercise
will nourish and cleanse your skin from within.
· Avoid overheated rooms; avoid sudden changes in temperature; protect yourself from wind and sun.
· Blend together well 1 teaspoon green clay powder and 1 teaspoon raw honey. Apply the mixture to your face, avoiding
the eye area. Leave it on for fifteen minutes, then wash well with lukewarm water.
· Do not smoke. Smoking has a harmful effect on the skin.
· Do not use very hot water when bathing or showering.
· Apply aloe Vera gel topically on affected areas. It helps to remove dead skin cells. Aloe Vera is soothing, healing,
· Cantaloupes, carrots and apricots are essential foods for dry skin because they are rich in the vitamins A and C, both
important for a smooth skin.
· Avoid fried foods, animal fats, and heat-processed vegetable oils. Do not drink soft drinks or eat sugar, chocolate,
potato chips, or other junk foods.
· Mash a ripe banana with a fork and spread it thickly onto the face and throat. Leave on for ten to fifteen minutes and
then wash with lukewarm water.
· Mash half an avocado and mix with a few drops of fresh lemon juice and spread over the cleansed skin. Leave on for fifteen
to twenty minutes, and then remove the excess with a soft tissue. Wash the skin alternately with cold and warm water.
· Apply cucumber juice everyday to the face to protect it from the sun.
· Apply malai (CREAM) to your face daily in the morning and wash off after ten minutes.
· Prepare a mixture of besan and curd. Scrub your face with this mixture gently and wash off.
· Almond and grape seed oil are the best oils for the dry skin.
· Always use a moisturizer during the day. Use upward, circular motion to lightly massage the moisturizer into your face.
Make sure not to pull or tug your skin.
· Take 1/4 of an apple. Peel off the skin and grate. Cool in the refrigerator. Apply it on the skin and leave it on for
15 minutes. Wash off with cool water. Apple helps soothe dry skin and gives it a pleasant glow.
· Soak khus khus (poppy seeds) overnight. Grind it with just enough milk to make a paste. Apply on your face. Once it
dries, wash with cold water.
· Mix 2-5 tablespoons of raw peanuts with milk and make a paste. Add ¼ teaspoon of honey to it. Apply on your face. Leave
to dry. Then wash with cold water and pat dry.
· Mix one teaspoon of malai , a pinch of turmeric and four to five drops of olive oil and make a paste. Apply on your
face, leave to dry. Wash with cold water and pat dry.
· Mix 3-4 tablespoons of Multani mitti (Fuller's Earth) with 8-10 ground pudina (mint) leaves. Freeze the pack overnight.
Keep outside for 10-15 minutes and then apply on your face. After 10-15 minutes, wash off and pat dry.
· Drink 12 to14 glasses of water everyday.
. Apply the inside pulp of aloe vera leaf on the affected part and leave it overnight or atleast for 1-2 hours.
Covering the affected area with the insides of the leaf on the skin also gives relief. Irritation caused due to the dryness
will reduce almost immediately.
. Drink aloe vera juice 30 ml twice a day for a few days to restore the healthy appearance of the skin.