Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition characterized by widespread pain in your muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as fatigue
and multiple tender points; places on your body where slight pressure causes pain. Fibromyalgia is more common in women than
in men. Previously, fibromyalgia was known by other names such as fibrositis, chronic muscle pain syndrome, psychogenic rheumatism
and tension myalgias.
Fibromyalgia is a long-term problem that causes pain in the muscles and soft tissues of your body. You may lack energy or
have trouble sleeping. These and other symptoms can be severe enough to affect your work and home life. But fibromyalgia does
no permanent damage to your muscles, joints, or organs.
HOME REMEDIES: FIBROMYALGIA
· Bog bean works as an anti-inflammatory, eating this herb or taking the herb in a supplement form can help in combating pain.
· Ginger is also known for its properties in fighting joint pain and stiffness.
· Take two teaspoons of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey in a cup of warm water twice daily. It is highly effective for
the treatment of pain.
· Half teaspoon of turmeric powder taken with warm water twice a day is also beneficial in curing fibromyalgia
· Drinking alfalfa tea twice daily is also helpful for the treatment of joint pains.
· Radish juice mixed with sugar is also helpful to fight with muscle pains.
· Drinking 15 grams of fresh bathu juice daily with an empty stomach without adding any salt or sugar to it helps in reducing
the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
· A cup of papaya seed tea taken six or seven times daily for two or three weeks gives relief in the joint pains.
· Eat porridge of 2 teaspoonfuls of winter cherry with ghee and molasses with an empty stomach for 15 days.
· A tablespoon of fruit pectin in a small glass of cranberry juice taken every morning gives relief.
· A person suffering from pain should eliminate sugar, white flour, macaroni, pie, cake, and sweet drinks from diet.
· A drink consisting of four raw finely sliced beets soaked in a quart of berry wine for one day. Drink one small glass of
this liquid before meals, three times a day.
· Dissolve 4 teaspoons of blackstrap molasses in one quart of cranberry juice and drink one glass everyday.
· Two parts pure olive oil and one part kerosene makes a wonderful solution to be applied on the affected muscles.
· Add one-tablespoon cod liver oil to the juice of one orange, and drink before going to bed.
· Rubbing the aching joints with hot vinegar before going to bed also gives relief to the pain.
· Mix 2 tablespoons mullein, 3 of granulated slippery elm bark, one of lobelia, 1-teaspoon cayenne. Use boiling water to make
paste. Spread on cloth and place on swollen joints.
· Bake one or two egg- plants. Mash and fry in about 2 tablespoons of castor oil. Spices like cumin, coriander, turmeric,
garlic and salt can be added while frying. Take once daily for two to three months for relief.
· Another herb known as Guggulu is very helpful in curing muscle pains. If available, eat half a teaspoon twice a day after
meals with warm water. ·Paste of 1 teaspoon red chilies and fresh ginger mixed in half a cup of sesame oil and strain. Gently
rub this oil on the affected muscles. Camphor, wintergreen and cinnamon oils are also beneficial for external application.
· A vegetable-juice fast significantly reduces pain for many patients with fibromyalgia. Carrot juice, celery juice, cabbage
juice, or tomato juice can be used
· Application of hot packs and ice packs for 10 minutes also provides relief from joint pains.
· A combination of burdock, slippery elm, sheep sorrel and Turkish rhubarb was shown good results in improving fibromyalgia.
· Soak Spiegel seeds in water, make a paste and apply it on the joints for quick relief from pain.
· Omega 3 fatty acids reduce inflammation of joints. Omega-3 fatty acids can be found in salmon, sardines, other oily fish,
walnuts, flax, soy, olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
· Pine-bark and grape-seed extracts are natural anti-inflammatory that help to ease pain .
· Topical applications of cayenne (capsicum) powder mixed with wintergreen oil can help relieve muscle pain.
· Dandelion reduces frequency and intensity of pain and strengthens the connective tissue. Take 1 tbsp. Juice or 1-cup tea
twice daily for four to six weeks
· Willow bark has anti-inflammatory properties and works as a painkiller.